Here are 10 facts that we're betting you didn't know about our industry! :)
1. There are approximately 2 billion t-shirts sold worldwide each year!
2. In 1939 the first promotional t-shirt was printed for the movie "The Wizard of Oz".
3. Cotton will retain 24-27 times its own weight in water and is stronger wet than when dry.
4. T-Shirts made from recycled cotton prevent over five billion tons of textile waste from entering landfills each year.
5. There are 35,000 cotton farms in the U.S.
6. Annual Dollars Generated by Industry
That's a lot of Cotton!
7. It takes SIX MILES of yarn to make one t-shirt!
8. About 62% of Americans claim to own more than ten t-shirts in their wardrobe. That’s roughly 1.5 billion shirts – line those up end to end, and they’d circle the globe 34 times.
9. The world's largest t-shirt is 170 ft. X 262 ft. and is approximately the size of a football field! Gildan Activewear created this humongous garment!
10. The most expensive t-shirt in the world costs $405,000! The shirt is shown below. What makes this so expensive is there is a set of 16 diamonds that add up to a total of 9 carats!
We hope you enjoyed these facts!
The Crackerjack Shack Team :)